IDEAS PRESS STATEMENT
For Immediate Release
Who the hell they think they are?
IDEAS: The civil service must prepare for government transition.
Kuala Lumpur, 23 March 2012: The Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS) today releases a new Policy Ideas briefing paper that calls for the civil service at federal and state levels to plan and prepare for a smooth transition of administration. This is particularly important as we get closer to the general elections.
The Policy Ideas briefing paper argues that a smooth transition is more than just a peaceful transfer of power. It is also about ensuring that the effective functioning of government does not become too disrupted during the transition period. It provides case studies on how transition was managed in the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany, and the strengths and weaknesses of the systems in these
Wan Saiful Wan Jan, chief executive of IDEAS says: "A clearly defined transition process is important. Politicians, especially those who are now in power, must accept that for the sake of the rakyat, they must create a proper transition plan. And looking at the latest developments, I think that it is more important to prepare in the states rather than federal because there is a chance we will see some states changing hands. Just imagine how disruptive it could be for the rakyat there if Kelantan or Sabah change hands. We can avoid the disruption by planning early."
In the short term, IDEAS proposes that:
1. Civil service must conduct detailed scenario planning to explore the different possible election outcomes.
2. Senior civil servants at both state and federal levels must hold confidential meetings with opposition leaders to start building trust and identify priorities
3. The focus has to be at state level because it is likely that there will be changes at state level in the coming elections.
In the long term, IDEAS proposes that:
1. A transition guideline must be developed on a cross-party basis detailing the processes involved before and immediately after elections to ensure smooth changeover.
2. Politicians at both state and federal levels should be trained on the inner-workings of the civil service.
Wan Saiful Wan Jan
Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS)
D6 Taman Tunku, Bukit Tunku,
50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +60 3 6201 8896 / 8897
Hp: +60 13 278 6334
Fax: +60 3 6211 0222
Mereka ini pastinya hanya burung parrot kepada orang-orang tertentu untuk menyampaikan arahan mereka. Mereka adalah berikut:
Kiri ke kanan: Dato Seri Azman Ujang, Dato Nur Jazlan Tan Sri Mohd Rahmat dan di bawah Wan Firdaus Wan Mohd Fuaad
Dato Seri Azman Ujang adalah bekas Chief Editor Bernama. Dato Nr Jazlan adalah ketu Bahagian UMNO Pulai. Manakala Wan Firdaus adalah pegawai sulit Menteri Besar Johor dan ahli Lembaga Pengarah Kulim Berhad. Wan Firdaus adalah sebahagian dari pemain utama IDEAS.
tangisanmelayu - apakah Kerajaan sekarang terlibat dengan IDEA pertukaran KERAJAAN ini? Kalau YA...kenapa? adakah ini termasuk dalam PLAN TRANSFORMASI Najib yang menjadi RAHSIA KERAJAAN yang sengaja di RAHSIAKAN dari RAAYAT MELAYU...?